In 2021, we recognized that many small businesses were coming out of the pandemic and beginning to recover, only to be met with a new set of challenges. These included increased competition, a hyper-competitive workforce and increasing demands to offer faster, easier and more modern ways for customers to do business with them.
So, the Thryv product team got to work and created 100-plus new features and enhancements. Check out our product year in review, where we worked to solve problems like:
- Finding new customers
- Helping you get more organized and stay ahead of the game
- Fresh ways to stay in touch with your clients
- Make getting paid fast and easy for both you and your customers
Here are some of our 2021 product highlights that we introduced to help Thryv users stand out from the crowd and beat the competition:
Find New Customers
Putting small businesses at the top of search results
One of the core areas we focused on in 2021 was helping small businesses get the most out of Google. This is imperative since today’s consumers start searching for services or products right from their phones … and nearly 90% of those are done on Google.
Thryv users now have a Google dashboard that includes a multitude of Google integrations, such as:
- Gmail to sync your Thryv CRM in your Gmail inbox for easier communication with your customers.
- Reserve with Google, so customers find your business and book appointments through your Google profile, and you’ll get notified through the dashboard.
- Keep customers up to date with Google Posts, which can be scheduled through Thryv.
- Google Profile (formerly Google My Business), which you connect once in Thryv and keep all of your business info in sync automatically.
- Google Reviews are centralized so you get notified if a Google (or other) review is posted, and you can quickly respond from inside Thryv.
We also launched Google Optimization, an add-on feature that increases engagement, improves local ranking and, ultimately, converts more customers. Thryv’s Google Optimization add-on reviews and manages the Google Business Profile listing, while performing a multi-point optimization program.
Streamline workflows from the first appointment to follow-up
With fewer workers available in the market, we quickly saw that enhancements to day-to-day workflows would make all the difference for small business owners who are juggling it all. That’s why we added and improved features like:
- CRM enhancement and verticalization, so your Thryv CRM speaks your industry language. It also allows you to connect multiple jobs/projects/cases/pets and more to one contact.
- Appointment enhancements easily allow RSVPs, all-day or multi-day appointments and group events. Users also get notified if there’s a risk of double booking.
- Your customers can now join a waitlist for your events and get automatically notified if a spot becomes available.
- Make social media posting easier with recommended industry posts from the Thryv library. Simply drag and drop them into your post.
- We also added the ability to take a payment when the appointment is initially made.
- New App Market additions, such as Gmail, QuickBooks Desktop, Ring Central, Twilio and more make it easy to continue using the tools you love.
Get and stay in touch with ease
Communication has been especially vital over the past few years, with businesses needing to constantly update customers. We know business owners are out-and-about, so we make communicating easier than ever through their Thryv inbox.
- With our Gmail plugin, you have access to all of your client’s info, history and interactions, right from your Gmail screen.
- We made it easier for you to send bulk messaging after events and appointments. Stay connected with customers – and bring them back.
- It’s easier to use two-way texting, with a reminder to connect, and other changes to make texting easier.
- Thryv users never miss a beat with real-time messaging that’s automatically updated – no need to refresh the screen anymore.
Stop chasing money and make it easier to get paid
From the first estimate to the final payment, getting paid shouldn’t be so hard. With a payment processing service that’s integrated with your CRM, inbox and scheduling, customers will pay you faster and with less hassle. In 2021, it was critical for us to make it all easier by empowering business owners to:
- Get digital signatures on estimates so you start the job with everyone on the same page.
- Use automated payment requests to send due or overdue payment requests at the cadence of your choice.
- Customize estimates and invoices easily, such as which details show, modifying due dates and adding line items for multiple taxes, if needed.
- Give your clients more options to make payments directly from their Client Portal.
Plus, we’ve made many other payment enhancements that simply make the transaction easier. Including the launch of the ThryvPay app for those businesses that need an easy-to-use payment app that’s built for the way they do business
Ready for the New Year
Jumping into 2022, we’re off to a fast start with more product enhancements and releases. Here are a few highlights and some items we’re adding very soon:
Are you spending too much on your webchat service? We’ve got a free solution for you! We’re offering web chat for clients at no additional charge. This makes it super easy for your clients or prospects to chat through your website and the message is sent directly to your Thryv inbox.
Thryv users are seeing some other big changes in their inbox. They can now receive and respond to Facebook Messenger directly in their Thryv inbox.
And we’re excited to say that emojis are coming soon to the Thryv inbox. We know: Everyone loves emojis!
If you’re using other email services, such as Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook, take advantage of Thryv’s email signature builder, which is also coming soon. You can customize your design, add logos, photos, social media icons and your website link – all right inside your email signature.
For new customers, getting set up is easier than ever with our new and improved onboarding wizard. Setting up your business with Thryv has never been faster or easier.
Finally, we’ve customized our platform for our neighbors up north, creating a tailor-made version of Thryv for businesses in Canada.
We’ve got a lot more in store for the new year. Drop us a comment below and let us know what other features you’d like to see in Thryv.